Thursday 14 July 2011

start of a new day

A portion of the group had issues with their placements so Andrew and Mo had to try and sort it out. I had to accompany Andrew Maleeka and Bianca to Pink Fm. Everyone else seemed ok with the walking but I was tired and hadn’t even started work yet! Whilst Andrew was in a meeting with their boss I was nodding off on the chair and before I knew it, it was time for me to go to my placement.

As we left Mr Ofari said we didn’t need to go to the placement because it wasn’t what I requested so he suggested I go to the Baptist Primary school. I was a lot happy because it would benefit me and id be able to help the children effectively

As I got their I met the deputy head and the head of English. I went to an English lesson and as soon as I walked in the whole class stood up and recited " hello visitor how are you doing today?" I was shocked at how disiplined these young childeren actually were. The teacher told me to look at their notes and I peered over them and noticed they were doing adjective nouns and syllables. Within 1 minute the teacher told me to teach and had to think fast.


I remembered the way i got taught how to count syllables which was to place your hand under your chin say the word and count how many times your hand went down. I taught this to the children and they were all amazed because they never knew the technique neither did the teacher. As i was teaching I saw Mo Holly Andrew and Ben watching me teach and looked happy with what I was doing. The children, teacher, and my group were happy with my lesson which gave me a buzz because I did well!

I later came back to the hotel and some of the group was playing Frisbee. I noticed I was wearing swimming trunks and thought " I’m just going to jump in the pool". Which was exactly what I done, eventually everyone else followed and we had a fun time. After swimming dinner was ready so everyone changed ate and went sleep.


2 comments:

  1. Hi Aaron, We'are keeping up with your blogs, you sound like your making the most of it, which is good. I'm glad you saw the pictures, I thought there would be a time when you would need them to help you refelect. Your teaching sounded fantastic!! my eyes were welling up, I'm so proud. John's got the flu so were keeping away lol. Nanny came to my summer fair, she looked lovely and she brought a friend she had a lovely time even got hersellf a massage. Nathan still moody but he's ok and Lewis well he's told John and Mrs Facey that it seems like you have been there forever. lol!! I went over to see him, he had an alright birthday. Anyway you enjoy yourself, stay safe, keep your witts about you and don't be too trusting. Everyone asks for you. love you X

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well done Aaron..you are doing so well...enjoy the teaching..Nx

    ReplyDelete