Thursday 14 July 2011

Day 2

Today was the day we finally met our supervisor. I was to work for a man called Afonso in an ICT club and I was eager to meet him and start working. We met each over and got talking straight away. He was really cool and easy to talk to, he was explaining the placement and telling me about himself. He said he is Liberian and had to travel for 10 days to Ghana in order to seek refuge and I usually complain when my mum sends me to the shop!

All workers and supervisors had a meeting and lunch once that was concluded I was on my way to work with my boss. As I got their I noticed the facilities were really bad the rooms were so small and the computers were on their last legs. I asked to go to the toilet and regretted it afterwards it was an absolute mess. After I had finished I went to another room where I met Tolu the guy I would be working with.

Mr Afonso said I would have to create a database for Mr Ofari to keep records of his business. I wasn’t too excited at this point as I have no experience with databases and would be completely useless. After I had a look around the placement it was time for me to go back to the hotel.

Most of the group had issues with their placement so we requested a meeting at dinner time. I told Mo the situation and told her I assumed I was going to work with children and so did she so she told Andrew to come to my placement in the morning. After dinner and the meeting I was shattered and went to sleep.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment